1. LOWER THE RACK
If another bike is in position, the rack will already be lowered. If the bike rack is full, please wait for the next bus.
2. PLACE BIKE IN RACK’S
If yours is the only bike being
loaded, place in the position nearest the bus.
3. SWING THE BIKE SUPPORT ARM UP
After you place your bike in
the rack. The support arm faces down when not in use.
4. A SPRING WILL PULL
SUPPORT ARM BACK
and hold your bike securely
5. YOU’RE READY TO RIDE!
Board the bus & pay your fare. Your bike rides FREE!
6. EXITING THE BUS
When you come to your stop, exit by the front door, and tell the driver that you’ll be taking your bike off.
- You are responsible for loading, securing & unloading your bike from the rack.
- Never step into traffic while loading or unloading your bike.
- Never cross the street in front of the bus; passing traffic can’t see you around the bus.
- If an object rolls under the bus, NEVER try to get it. Tell the driver and wait for the bus to pull away, and then retrieve it.
- Make your bike “rack ready” by removing water bottles, pumps, or any loose items that might fall off.
- Tandem bikes, bikes with gas or electric motors, solid wheels, large racks, child seats, or other attachments are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 15 traveling with a bike must be accompanied by an adult, since they must be able to lift and load the bike themselves.
- Bikes left on the bus may be claimed by contacting Customers Relations at 800-355-8080. Please allow 2 days for the bike to be delivered. Bikes will be held for 30 days. Unclaimed bikes will be given to local charities.
DART First State assumes no responsibility for damaged or lost bikes as a result of using the racks. Use of bike racks is at your own risk.