Transit is an excellent way to get where you’re going. DART First State provides transportation services statewide with over 500 buses and 70 routes including its 8 Resort Transit seasonal routes and demand response paratransit service. You can also take advantage of the DART Park & Ride lots and park free before catching the bus. A transit commute can:
- Save you money!
- Reduce congestion and improve air quality
- Avoid the hassle of driving, finding parking, and more
- Reduce stress while you let someone else do the driving
- Allow you to multi-task (read, catch up on emails, and more!)
Beginner? Learn how to ride DART with this easy guide.
¿Eres un principiante? Aprenda cómo viajar en el autobús DART usando esta guía fácil.
Register now, record your trip and redeem your points for rewards. You can contact Delaware Commute Solutions to help you navigate your transit commute, or visit the following websites for schedules, costs, and more.
Delaware Transit Corporation (DTC) operates DART First State, offering a statewide network of transportation options. Services provided include fixed route, intercounty, seasonal bus, paratransit for people with disabilities, and commuter train service contracted through SEPTA.
Contact DART at 1-800-652-DART (3278).
- Amtrak service at the Wilmington and Newark train stations
- Septa Wilmington/Newark Line at Newark, Churchman’s Crossing, Wilmington, and Claymont
- PATCO connecting Philadelphia and New Jersey
Delaware Commute Solutions’ Guaranteed Ride Home is available to those who commute regularly by transit and are registered with RideShare Delaware.
Commuters using transit could be saving money with employer-offered transit benefits. Offered as an employer subsidy, pre-tax option or combination, employees are entitled to up to $300 a month towards the cost of riding the train, bus or vanpool if offered by their employer.
- Travel Training. Are you responsible for promoting Transit at your worksite? Or, perhaps you want to use transit but aren’t sure how to go about it. DART’s Travel Training provides free one-on-one or group training sessions. Call them at 1-800-652-DART (3278) to take part in this fun and interactive training session.
- Check out DART’s other programs
Delaware Commute Solutions registered commuters are eligible for Guaranteed Ride Home. If an unexpected event (like unscheduled overtime or an illness) happens on a day that you share the ride to work and keeps you from taking your normal ride home, you will be reimbursed for the alternate transportation you take home, up to five times a year.